Monday 27 July 2009

Thursday, August 24, 2006 - back dated!


Return from Ibiza!


OH MY MOTHERF***ING GOD!!!!!


I don't even know where to begin to be honest.


It's now been 3 days since I got back from the most amazing island in the world. And I am HATING being back in London. The second I stepped off the plane I started coughing and my nose started running. I think I actually might be allergic to the UK now.. Sad (but almost true!)
Me and Johnny arrived in Ibiza on Monday night and headed to our hotel in San Antonio. I know I know I know - it's SHIT - but seeing as we booked our accomodation so late it was all that was available. Honestly, it was like stepping into Ibiza Uncovered Special. What a load of mooses and hillbillies. *SHUDDER* Upon arrival, we were told that our hotel was double booked and we we're being transferred to Hotel Abrat instead. 'Here we go' I thought to myself. What a great start.. But to my delight Abrat was just by Cafe del Mar and Cafe Mambo overlooking the most perfect sunsets.


Funny enough I had no proper expectations for my holiday. Seeing as I haven't been on a proper one since 2001 all I wanted was to return with a tan. After 3 hrs sleep I got up in time for breakfast and managed to book a room for Per and Ralph as they were arriving that same morning and hadn't sorted any accomodation out for the first night. When Johnny got up we tried renting a car but no such luck. As thousands of tourists arrive on a daily basis getting hold of transportation is a real challange. We had to make do with public transport for the first 2 days until we could pick up the car we booked for Thursday.


Went for drinks to Eivissa town. Fucking hell. How pretty is that town?? The Old Town in particular. Phew. But fuck me sideways, the drinks are beng served at extortionate prices. No wonder more people choose drugs instead.. ;o)


Met some friends from Sweden I hadn't seen for a while and even bumped into the Lyon crowd from La Chapelle. Loved every second of it. Visited Dome, Splash and Babylon before heading to Anfora, the notorious gay club in Old Town. As cool as the club was I didn't care much for watching 'Bears' sucking eachother off on a screen strategically placed above each bar and even the dancefloor. *DUBBLE SHUDDER* However I thought it was cool of them to have a funky dark room.. LOL


Aaaaaanyhow.. Moving on. Wednesday was much more exciting. We moved into Vistabella Bungalows in Sa Serra and patiently waited for the remaining 14 from our group. In the meantime we lounged by the pool and baked a treat in the oven.. ;o) LOL By 1am the troops stormed in and The Party was about to get started!!!


We got divided into 4 groups; The Powder Puff House, Trash House, House of Fraser and of course my very own; D'House. What a hoot!! House of Fraser decided to head to La Troya at Space the second their suticases touched the ground as the rest looked forward to a nice chill out. They returned by 4pm the following day and apparently had the time of their lives. How I wished I'd been persuaded to tag along.. :o(


But MY night was just up and coming. With FUCK ME I'M FAMOUS @ Pacha on the agenda we were all buzzing like maniacs. Once again we headed to Old Eivissa Town, had glitzy drinks and waited for the Club Reps to arrive so we could get wristbands for the club. In a drunken daze, buzzing our tits off and heading to the club someone made a change of plan and before I knew it we were outside Amnesia!!!???


I was NOT ready for what I experienced, that's for sure!! The sheer magnitude of the club blew me away to oblivion. I have never in my life seen a more perfect venue. EVERYTHING about it was just PERFECTION! The temperature was perfect, the crowd looked amazing, the sound as crisp as a poppadom, no ques to the loos, no waiting to get served at the bar, the visuals were stunning and all the special effects were just mind blowing. There is actually video footage (not to be shown!!) of me holding one han on the railings and the other on a plam tree growing inside, mouth open wide, eyes even larger looking around disoriented but extatic! LOL


I LOOOOOOVED IT!!!


It was followed by a chillout at House of Fraser that lasted til late morning and finished by the pool in a daze.. ;op

Friday was a great night as we headed to Hed Kandi's secret Beach Party. We drove almost 2 hours down a dirt track that just kept getting smaller, darker and narrower a la Hills Have Eyes style. Me and Ashleigh were bricking it in the backseat and pleaded for Johnny to turn the car around positive that we were being lured for slaughter. But to our delight music through the pine woods indicated we were heading in the right direction. Finally we arrived at Playa l'Estanyol and got greeted by Beach Babes and ushered into the little cabana on the beach. Water lanterns and UV lights together with pumping Hed Kandi music made our night an unforgettable one. Thanks Kelly Marie for the invitation!!


2 hours sleep later we got ready for the highlight of the holiday! Matinee Group at Space!!


Wooooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooo!!!


I can honestly say that I had the time of my life. I have never seen such a good looking crowd. It was just stunning! All the houses were there together and wherever I turned I always saw a friendly face - something muchly appreciated at a club that holds 7000 people and the chance of getting lost is pretty big. With 3 massive rooms boasting state of the art sound systems we were flying higher than Apollo bloody 13 now that's for sure. The highlight of the evening and as mentioned earlier the entire holiday came as Johnny thought we should check out the other room. As we entered La Terrazza I saw a fierece looking glam girl getting up on stage. She was dressed to the 9's and had the biggest afro ever.


The crowd went wild as she vocalised Moloko's Forever More -


"Let there be love

Everlasting

And it will live eternally

Will we receive without ever asking?

Im just curious

Got to find me somebody

But theres nobody

To love me

And its driving me crazy

Theres nobody to love me
Endless tears

Forever joy

To feel most every feeling

Forever more"


I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it. We we're in extacy - or ON extacy more like - together with a concucsion of who knows whatever else when all of a sudden the familiar beat to Deux - Sun Rising Up came blasting from the speakers. It wasn't until that very moment that I realised who the girl actually was; Rebekka Brown, and that was HER song. The entire room exploded in cheers and and I seriously thought that my soul was going to leave my body. I've died and gone to heaven I thought!!


"Life has been faded into grey

All over my place, all over my heart, all over my life

No signs showing me a way out

Or telling my soul how to get out of this neverending hole of darkness surrounding my life

The absence of a tear has been the only moment of happiness I've ever had

Could not believe in me.

Couldn't see the better things I had to give

Even to myselfI was waiting for nothing, for no one, for the end...
Before you came and showed me the reason why

You came running through rows of bright light and shining stars

Rising rows of silver horses, you came sailing through oceans of love,

Slide through a cascade of rainbows

Built by sparkling maidens

Your the reason why all these rays of light fall into my place

Your the reason why the sun is rising up even when it's dark at night

Your the reason why I think I'm falling in love

Sun rising up

But It's still tonight

I think I'm falling in love

I think I'm falling in love..."


I am in love with IBIZA! I can like soooo totally admit that. No shame in saying it whatsover.. ;o)


After 9 hours of dancing and hanging out with the glitzzy crowd at Space we headed to Bora Bora for a little chill and to catch the last rays of sunlight before heading hone and towrads the secret Nude part hosted by Smoking Jo nad Terry Hart. Bora Bora was just the best invention since fresh produce. I mean, what do people who've been out clubbing want more than anything else?? To go to a wicked chill out off course. And what better way to chill out than a beautiful beach with pumping music, gorgeous people and a fantastic turqoise ocean to cool down in..


And that was it - my 6 fantastic days on one of the most beautiful islands in the world. Sunday was spent slighly glum as everyone knew I was going home. Hrmpfhhhhhhhh... Beeeekooos I haaaaad to WOOOORK.. nja nja njaaaa njaa.. Phwrrrrrrtttttttt!!! Fucking shit fuckin pussy fuck m*ther f*cker! Aaaaaarrrrrrrrggghhhhhhhhhh!


The 4 houses came together and drove me off to the airport. We cried. We hugged and we promised eachother that we are gonna go back next year again! Now that is a promise I will hold everyone to! And THAT'S a promise! I can't wait...


Thanks to Johnny, Christian, Ashleigh, Scott, Pedro, Michael, Per, Ralph, Niklas, Romano, Charmaine, Alicia, Matt, Philippa, Shem and Gabriele for a fantastic holiday!


Love


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment